Thursday, April 14, 2011

HELP!

After months of forgetting I actually have a blog......


I bought this poster some time ago from Wieden + Kennedy, and I have to say it is absolutely beautiful in it's meaning, simplicity and intention.  
W+K Studio


Not forgetting the Queensland and Victorian floods and the Christchurch earthquake (I know there are many dire situations all over the globe. If those of us that can donate to at least one charity, as often as possible, it will make a difference.) I have found that a direct debit set-up has worked really well for me- I have hardly noticed the difference, but it has probably been the most effective donation that I can offer given it's continuity. I have been doing this with Oxfam for 2/3?? years, $20 a month. I must emphasise that we are most definitely NOT rolling in cash, but are, in lots of ways, extremely lucky human beings! Consider a donationMake sure you check with Scamwatch first. Remember we can donate with time


And now for something close to me, and, unfortunately, quite likely to affect someone close to YOU!!! 


Discoveries Need Dollars. Protect Medical Research.


It is amazing how much donations, in one form or another, can alter people's lives, people like myself who would never have thought that would be the case. My partner's treatment wasn't even available 6 years ago, and still wouldn't be without donations- whether that be monetary,donating information,time or skills, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that people gave, for nothing, and that has meant absolutely everything to us!!! I am at a loss to explain how thankful I am. 
Now for a cure, here's how you can help.

Which leads me to this. Cures need research, to even think about cutting funding to research is crazy, money will be saved if we have a healthier population- it makes absolutely no sense. 
Here's what could happen. Please get involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...